Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Wednesday, 12 March 2008 - One crow

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for one crow.

These days, it doesn't take much to raise my hopes for an early spring. In fact, I search for signs daily, often misinterpreting winter ebbs for spring flows.

This morning, as T and I circle the park, a crow flies out of the scrub oak grove. I usually don't pay attention to crows, but this one is different. This one carries a long stick in his/her beak. I smile and, pointing to the bird as it flies overhead, ask T to confirm my observation.

Nest building. It's nest building time.

Surely the birds understand seasonal shifts better than humans. They wouldn't build nests if winter decides to linger. Right?

I am so ready for transition, for seasonal leaps of faith.

Winter to spring.
Then spring to summer.

I can't wait.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: