Friday, March 14, 2008

Friday, 14 March 2008 - A mountain view

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a mountain view.

If you can see the ocean, the ocean can see you.
~quote from Still Life with Chickens by Catherine Goldhammer

I extend this quote to the mountains because, in Colorado, the mountains not the ocean inspire me. I have a perfect view of the Front Range from my west facing kitchen window. I study the peaks daily while T leads me around the park. We're a short ten minute hike from the National Forest boundary.

Yes, this quote makes perfect sense. If I can see the mountains, the mountains can see me.

Still, I struggle to explain this revelation and its implications. I need more time to digest its overt and subtle meanings before I can translate them into words.

In the meantime, I will watch the mountains watching me.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: