Thursday, March 06, 2008

Thursday, 06 March 2008 - A good offense

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a good offense.

We never know the worth of water till the well is dry.
~Thomas Fuller

I am a very healthy person who very rarely gets sick. Very, very rarely.

When I awake this morning with a scratchy throat, I know that I am in trouble. I hate colds, especially their runny noses and headaches. It doesn't help that S has suffered from a cold all this week.

So, I am on the offensive. I adamantly refuse to get sick.

No over-the-counter remedies for me. My cleansing/healing regimen includes: herbal teas, Kombucha tea, "living" homemade vinegar, drops of grapefruit seed extract in orange juice, oil of oregano, saline nasal sprays and a drink made from freshly squeezed lemon juice, honey, whiskey and hot water.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: