Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Wednesday, 17 October 2007 - Daily walks

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for daily walks.

Perhaps the truth depends on a walk around the lake. ~Wallace Stevens

By all means use sometimes to be alone. Salute thyself; see what thy soul doth wear. ~George Herbert

I like taking T on his daily walks. Just the two of us. Early morning, if possible. Usually around the park. But, occasionally up the big hill or along the dirt trail.

I prefer to be alone with my thoughts, prayers and dreams. Every now and then, our short journey reveals the first line of a poem or an essay's subject. And, on those rare days when serendipity reigns, I'll return home, my pockets heavy with treasure: a sliver of peace, a handful of hope, a full measure of truth.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: