Thursday, October 25, 2007

Thursday, 25 October 2007 - Best climber

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for the chance to be the best climber in the world.

The best climber in the world is the one who's having the most fun.
~Alex Lowe (1958-1999)

During autumn, the cooler temperatures and unpredictable weather forces S and I to revisit favorite climbs at Red Rock Canyon. That's what happened today. I don't mind. Each ascent is a unique event. I'll try a new move or climb off-route. S often sets strict rules about which holds he can use - usually avoiding bomber and "thank God" holds.

Occasionally, S will lead a route that's new for us. But only when conditions are perfect. We're hoping for perfect conditions soon. We still have to achieve one of our 2007 goals: climbing a route on the Wailing Wall.
For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: