Today, I am thankful for my husband, S, as he celebrates his birthday.
We don't make a big deal out of our birthdays. I'm beginning to think that we should, given what's happening to our friends' health and lives. I don't know if we shall see our next birthdays.
What things do I love about my husband? These immediately come to mind.
- His wittiness and incomparable sense of humor.
- His nonjudgmental attitude.
- His ability to watch a football game without choosing sides.
- His patience.
- His generosity when it comes to helping young people in our neighborhood.
- That he truly loves me unconditionally.
- That he is a great dad to T.
- That he's glad and proud that I am his climbing partner.
- That he never complains when I buy another sewing pattern, more fabric or more plants.
- That he willingly provides the heavy labor when I need help in the garden or around the house.
- That he always eats whatever I cook or bake with great relish (even my more "creative" concoctions).