Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Tuesday, 09 October 2007 - Happy Birthday, S!

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for my husband, S, as he celebrates his birthday.

We don't make a big deal out of our birthdays. I'm beginning to think that we should, given what's happening to our friends' health and lives. I don't know if we shall see our next birthdays.

What things do I love about my husband? These immediately come to mind.
  • His wittiness and incomparable sense of humor.
  • His nonjudgmental attitude.
  • His ability to watch a football game without choosing sides.
  • His patience.
  • His generosity when it comes to helping young people in our neighborhood.
  • That he truly loves me unconditionally.
  • That he is a great dad to T.
  • That he's glad and proud that I am his climbing partner.
  • That he never complains when I buy another sewing pattern, more fabric or more plants.
  • That he willingly provides the heavy labor when I need help in the garden or around the house.
  • That he always eats whatever I cook or bake with great relish (even my more "creative" concoctions).
For this blessing, I am very grateful.

Amen.

No comments: