Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Wednesday, 03 October 2007 - Small Feng Shui steps

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for small Feng Shui steps.

I read an interesting article the other day. A Feng Shui expert discussed ways to get rid of the clutter I accumulated during summer. Suggestions included recycling magazines, changing light bulbs to CFLs, considering a new set of sheets. She also suggested that I move 9 (or any denomination of 9) objects in my home. Apparently, the number 9 represents maximum power in Feng Shui. Then, she instructed me to mix orange essence with spring water and salt, and spray it around the house to balance the energy.

Yes! I can do this. A few small steps to a quasi-Feng Shui-friendly home.

I've recycled the magazines, catalogs and other printed material. I've changed nearly all of the incandescent light bulbs to CFLs. I'm not sure about the new set of sheets - our favorite flannels are still in good shape. I will, however, follow her advice and consider a new set.

As for rearranging nine items in my home. I changed the action to discarding things in sets of nine. I count aloud as I gather the items: 1, 2, 3, 4 .... 9! Then, out they go - either thrown away or dropped in the to-be-donated/recycled box. I smile at this small accomplishment. The room feels different already. Must be that powerful Feng Shui energy filling the clutterless space.

[In case you're wondering, I have not yet sprayed the house with the orange essence concoction. I wonder if the potion will still work if I substitute lavender oil?]

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: