Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Tuesday, 02 October 2007 - Guardian angels

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for guardian angels.

The guardian angels of life fly so high as to be beyond our sight, but they are always looking down upon us. ~Jean Paul Richter

We trust in plumed procession
For such the angels go -

Rank after Rank, with even feet -

And uniforms of Snow.

~Emily Dickinson

My guardian angels have been exceptionally busy this year, keeping my signature roller coaster ride life in check. I know they're hoping for a more peaceful season as winter approaches. At least we won't be climbing as frequently. When the rock is cold, we favor warmer days and familiar routes. Still, as the holidays loom, I can feel the blues begin to color my disposition. I know I will need angelic prayers to lift my spirits.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: