Sunday, September 30, 2007

Sunday, 30 September 2007 - Climbing moments

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for climbing moments.

Thirty days hath September ...

September has been the strangest month of this year's journey. From Labor Day to 9/11 to seasonal transitions to harvest time, I hoped, I prayed, I believed.

I end the month, thankfully, on a high note. On a lovely autumn day filled with mixed feelings about nearly everything, I climbed very well.

That's what I like about climbing - I'm forced to focus 100% on the task before me, to live entirely in the present. Shut down worries and anxieties. Forget about yesterday's mistakes and tomorrow's challenges.

I step onto the rock and study the problem it presents to me - a gift, really. It's up to me to make the next move.

Climbing. An act that produces meaning from movement. An experiencing of time and space. Reality. I climb therefore I am.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: