Saturday, September 15, 2007

Saturday, 15 September 2007 - Golden days

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for golden days.

Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Whoever you are, no matter how lonely,
the world offers itself to your imagination,

calls to you like the wild geese,
harsh and exciting --
over and over
announcing your place
in the family of things.
~Mary Oliver


I'm officially half-way through year number 54. The past six months have been challenging, creative and insightful.

Now, what about the next six months?

As I begin the adventure, I'm ordering an extra helping of passion (my substitute for Emerson's enthusiasm) - will need it if I am to do or write something great.

I'm also super-sizing my imagination and restricting all judgment - important actions if I am to explore, understand and accept my place "in the family of things."

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

Photo: Bee on sunflower - What luck! As I photographed the sunflowers growing on the south side of the house, a bee landed on this blossom. I only had time to take one picture before the bee flew away.

No comments: