Saturday, September 08, 2007

Saturday, 08 September 2007 - Healing gifts

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for healing gifts.

The email arrived on Thursday morning. An invitation-only workshop on healing and deliverance lead by a woman from Idaho with an intriguing resume. I feel a pull on my heart. I need to attend. I check with S and T to make sure we have no scheduling conflicts if I'm gone all day. I email my RSVP. So much for Saturday's gardening and housekeeping chores.

This morning, I enter the workshop venue, a beautiful home in a wooded neighborhood about ten minutes northeast from where we live. I hope to learn something that I can use to help our friend, Tom.

Not the case. As it so often turns out, the workshop isn't about healing others - it's about my own healing and deliverance.

So, I set aside my expectations and receive the gifts of healing and deliverance with open arms. I embrace the peace and serenity that results from confession and repentance. I accept God's quiet confirmation that I was right all along about my pain and burdens.

My cup runneth over: I am alive. I am whole. I am healthy.

Forgiveness, compassion, grace, mercy, love. All there for the taking. All there for the asking.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: