Monday, September 17, 2007

Monday, 17 September 2007 - Living strong

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for the honor of living strong for others.

Some days there won't be a song in your heart.
Sing anyway
.
~Emory Austin

Earlier this year, I wrote about my diligence in wearing a yellow Lance Armstrong "livestrong" bracelet. I also cited the names of people for whom I am living strong.

Sadly, I must now add two more names to the list:

~Lisa Moore, breast cancer
I've followed Lisa's long, heartbreaking struggle with breast cancer in the comic strip, Funky Winkerbean. This month, she's finishing the last leg of her remarkable journey and coming to terms with death. Yes, she's only a comic strip character and I don't know her personally. But, she represents the reality of breast cancer and has unselfishly shared her story with faithful readers - that's why she's on my list.

~George M.
George is the local genius who invented a low-impact plyometric exercise machine. S and I are members of the team tasked with bringing the product to market. George called S this afternoon to deliver the bad news - after a 7-year remission, the cancer has returned. In fact, it has already metastasized. We are still in shock over the news ... I will write more about George later.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: