Thursday, September 27, 2007

Thursday, 27 September 2007 - Autumn climbing

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for autumn climbing.

The day produced all the elements of a perfect fall climbing adventure - ideal weather, gentle trail, warm rock - except for the actual climbing.

We're still a bit rusty from the long layoff due to S's blisters.

I just couldn't link the movements required to climb one slightly overhung section. Grasp crimps ... step up left foot ... step up right foot ... reach high right hand ... step up right foot.

For the next few days, I'll mentally rehearse the sequence over and over so I can do it or a similar problem this weekend. I'll also add a few more sets of pull-ups and push-ups to my workout ... never hurts to be stronger.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

Photo: Red Rock Canyon ... fall colors

No comments: