Thursday, February 01, 2007

Thursday, 01 February 2007 - A little ignorance

The park just after sunrise

This cage shelters the porta-potty during the warmer months.

Bench with snow near the basketball court

T just loves to eat freshly-fallen snow from my water collection bins.


Dear God:


Today, I am thankful for a little ignorance.


Sometimes, ignorance is indeed bliss. Case in point. This morning, it was -4 degrees F, -18 degrees with wind chill. If I had known this information, I would have stayed in, denying T his morning walk.


Instead, I bundled up and took T to the park as usual. We actually managed two laps despite the bone-chilling cold. I even took off my gloves to photograph the landscape.


When we returned home, S informed me of the temperature. Imagine that. T and I just completed our coldest walk, ever.


Note: I am getting really tired of our wintry weather. If that darn groundhog sees his shadow tomorrow ...


For this blessing, I am grateful.


Amen.

No comments: