Monday, February 12, 2007

Monday, 12 February 2007 - One tired Lab

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for one tired Labrador retriever.


A dog is one of the remaining reasons why some people can be persuaded to go for a walk.
~O.A. Battista

I knew that T was tired. Two long hikes in two days is a lot for him. But, even after we completed two laps around the park, he begged for one more adventure. So, off we went to Red Rock Canyon for our third hike in three days.

Yes, T was tired but a good sport. He lingered whenever possible, stopping frequently to sniff the bushes that line the trail. I didn't get my usual aerobic workout. But that's okay. We managed to finish the loop - not in record time but in T's good time. I think he was quite happy to reach the parking lot, jump into the Camry and snuggle on the back seat.


Needless to say, T slept all afternoon.


For this blessing, I am grateful.


Amen.

No comments: