Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Tuesday, 20 February 2007 - Turner Classic Movies

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for Turner Classic Movies (TCM).


I want to knit for a few hours tonight and need some entertainment. I check the television schedule. Nothing much on BBC America or PBS. Repeats rule on the History and Discovery Channels. I've already watched the Iron Chef America battle and Rachael Ray's $40-a-day visit to Sedona. None of my DVDs or books on tape appeal to me either.


Enter commercial-free Turner Classic Movies to save my evening. TCM is in the midst of its annual 31-days of Oscar festival where past Academy Award-nominated films air 24x7 for a month. No "A" movies tonight, however. At least westerns and war stories are not on the bill.


You're right. I can't complain. After all, beggars can't be choosy.


For this blessing, I am grateful.


Amen.

No comments: