Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Tuesday, 27 February 2007 - Joy

T and I get ready to go hiking in Red Rock Canyon.


Nearly all the ice has melted on the duck pond.
No ducks today, however.


"Are you done taking pictures?
I want to resume our hike."


We ascend these stone steps to reach the trail
that leads to The Whale and some of our favorite climbs.


A much-traveled path through the canyon.


The Wailing Wall


The Quarry



Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for joy.


I don't pray for happiness.
Instead, I pray for joy.
Rather, I invite joy into my life.


Joy that sets my heart a-singing during my darkest hours.

Joy that sets my soul a-dancing while hopelessness engulfs me.


I welcome the joy that transforms.

The joy that makes

My fears and pride surrender,

My self-doubts disappear,

My frowns become smiles.


Joy is God's heart beating strongly within mine.
Joy is His music whistling softly beneath my breaths.
Joy is His kiss melting my deepest hurts, drying my tears, erasing all traces of my bitterness.


For this blessing, I am grateful.


Amen.

No comments: