Sunday, February 11, 2007

Sunday, 11 February 2007 - T's company

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for T's company.


With S out of town, I'm glad that T is here. He is my constant companion, taking the edge off of some lonely moments. He's also a very good listener (even when he's sleeping) and a diligent and persistent exercise partner.


So, on this weather-perfect winter day, T and I hiked the east trail at Red Rock Canyon. We started around 10 AM - early enough that the ground was still partially frozen and the trails not too muddy and slushy (although some spots tried my patience). Despite the nearly full parking lot, we only saw a handful of people on our travels. I guess that the others hiked or biked the trails west of the canyon.


For this blessing, I am grateful.


Amen.

No comments: