Thursday, February 15, 2007

Thursday, 15 February 2007 - More letting go

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for another round of letting go.

You can never plan the future by the past. ~Edmund Burke

Every one of us has in him a continent of undiscovered character. Blessed is he who acts the Columbus to his own soul. ~Author Unknown

I am letting go of more connections to the past - ones that I thought were important to my destiny but have actually held me back. I've thought about this for a long time and know it's time to say good-bye. My future is not tied to "what might have been."

So, I take my sharpest scissors and prepare for surgery. I hold my breath and shut my eyes. Then, I feel the scissor blades close around the taut cords and ribbons that bind me to people and events that no longer have a role in my life. In a moment, the severance is complete.

I open my eyes.

Amazing. They're gone.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: