Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Wednesday, 07 February 2007 - A small treasure of quotations

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a small treasure of quotations.


This afternoon, I sorted through a stack of magazine clippings from the past few months. I found photos of favorite outfits and haircuts, an article on discount boutiques that sell designer clothes online, information on vacationing in Provence, assorted recipes, and lots of diet and exercise advice. I also found a small treasure of quotations including these three:

  • Sometimes the most important thing in a whole day is the rest we take between two deep breaths. ~Etty Hillesum
  • If there is no wind, row. ~Japanese proverb
  • Turn your face to the sun, and the shadows fall behind you. ~Maori proverb
For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: