Sunday, February 18, 2007

Sunday, 18 February 2007 - One last best climb

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for one last best climb.


I was tired and didn't think I could finish one more ascent up the challenging 5.9 route. But, S said that my final climb was one of my best ever. I even completed the dreaded "stem" move and traverse without a hitch.


When you're tired, you can't power your way up the rock. You must depend on good technique and balance. To conserve energy, each move has to be a good one (you waste lots of energy repeating moves).


So, I made my way up the rock, one deliberate move at a time.


This is the way climbing should be. Mentally and physically challenging. Tiring. Exhilarating.


For this blessing, I am grateful.


Amen.


Photo: A diversity of prints preserved in the trail - human, canine, feline and mountain bike

No comments: