Monday, February 05, 2007

Monday, 5 February 2007 - Step in the right direction

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a step in the right direction. Yes, I am taking my first step of the proverbial 1000 mile journey to relaunch my career.

Travel and change of place impart new vigor to the mind. ~Seneca

If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.
~Buddhist saying


Okay. Although I am a good to great copywriter, I cannot for the life of me write my own resume. So, this time around, I've enlisted a highly-touted resume service to help me write my personal marketing brochure. They even guarantee interviews in 30 days or else!

The initial questionnaire is quite challenging to complete. Details, details, details. Outside of a very thorough interview, I've never had to describe my career in such detail. I don't remember my exact undergraduate and graduate GPAs (it's been that long). At least I had the foresight last week to order transcripts from UCLA and UCCS.

The good news? I'm investing in myself for the first time in years. And, I'm counting on an excellent ROI that exceeds my expectations.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: