Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Wednesday, 17 January 2007 - A good cry

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a good cry.

Flowers grow out of dark moments. ~Corita Kent

Every man has his secret sorrows, which the world knows not; and oftentimes we call a man cold when he is only sad. ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

The truth is that our finest moments are most likely to occur when we are feeling deeply uncomfortable, unhappy, or unfulfilled. For it is only in such moments, propelled by our discomfort, that we are likely to step out of our ruts and start searching for different ways or truer answers. ~M. Scott Peck

The world is crumbling and tumbling around me today. Perhaps it's the gusting wind that continually pounds the house and yard - I'm so tired of its constant wailing. Perhaps it's the loss of connections to people and places - partly my fault. Perhaps it's just something inside of me that's angry and frustrated because, in spite of my talents and efforts, I haven't lived up to my potential. I read about other 50-something women who are at the height of their careers. What happened to me?

So, it's time for a good cry. Time to calm the inner turmoil. Time to soothe the painful sting of failure.

Get it all out. Let the tears flow.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: