Thursday, January 25, 2007

Thursday, 25 January 2007 - First climbing adventure

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for our first climbing adventure of 2007.


Where: Red Rock Canyon
Route: Quarry Wall, Mono-Smear 5.8
(a really smeary climb with very few edges)

Despite the month-long hiatus, S climbed quite well. T thoroughly enjoyed the hike along the snow-packed and occasionally slushy/muddy trail. I was rusty and awkward - my climbing, far from fluid and elegant (still, I managed to complete four ascents).

I still say that a mediocre day climbing beats any day away from the rocks.


For this blessing, I am grateful.


Amen.


S and T enter the climbing area.
The sun's rays bless today's journey.

A snow-capped Pikes Peak peers over the duck pond.

S and T

T and I

S and T near the edge of the quarry wall.
We climbed a 5.8 route that begins just around the corner.

No comments: