Monday, January 22, 2007

Monday, 22 January 2007 - More answered prayers

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for more answered prayers. Nothing earth shaking. Just some wonderful results that matter in my everyday life.

The Indianapolis Colts reaching the Super Bowl.
After the Oakland Raiders' dismal season, my loyalty switched to the Indianapolis Colts during the play-offs. Yesterday's AFL championship game was a classic nail biter. Just before the Patriots' final play of the game, I prayed, "Please God. Let Peyton Manning go to the Super Bowl." Moments later, the Colts intercepted Tom Brady's pass, ensuring their trip to the Super Bowl.

A break in the weather so we can rock climb.
Looks like we'll get our wish at least once, maybe twice. The temperatures are suppose to hover in the high 40s on Wednesday and Thursday. Tomorrow, S plans to pick up our resoled shoes at the local climbing shop. I'll bake an extra loaf of bread so I can pack sandwiches for our lunch. T has no idea that an outing to Red Rock Canyon is imminent. If he knew, he'd be nervous about getting to join us. Silly boy. Of course you get to go.

Peace about releasing a few people from my life.
I've been praying for permission to let these people go from my life. After talking to my sister, E, I realized that I have the power and right to let them go. And, so I did. Peacefully, sans regrets.

For these blessings, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: