Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Tuesday, 02 January 2007 - A spark of inspiration

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a spark of inspiration.


Inspiration is the act of drawing up a chair to the writing desk.
~Anonymous

I didn't have the chance to work on my own projects today. Instead, I worked for hours on a series of technical product sheets for a client. Not the most stimulating work. Not my favorite kind of writing and editing. Not how I wanted to spend my creative energies.
Now, at day's end, I have a few minutes to write for me.

My eyes are tired and my brain, fried, so this entry will be short and sweet.
I draw my chair up to my desk and think about the day, looking for a spark of inspiration. I remember a rather ordinary day:
  • The cold morning and icy sidewalks that made our walk to the park rather treacherous. T and I managed two laps in the morning and three in the afternoon (I hope T sleeps well tonight).
  • The irresistable aroma of homemade French bread, just out of the oven, cooling on a wire rack. My mouth waters when I think about eating a thick slice spread with peanut butter and jam.
  • Our excitement when the UPS man delivered S's new Osprey backpack (my new Osprey Aura 35 pack arrived just before Christmas). Now we have to divide the climbing gear and set up our packs for our next climbing adventure (hopefully on Thursday).
  • The late trash pickup (after 5 PM today) - I considered moving the trash bag and recycle bin back to the garage. S told me to wait until 6 PM. I'm glad I did.
  • The feeling of accomplishment when I finished the last product sheet and sent it off for final review.
For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.


Photo: The neighborhood park: T studies the snow-packed sidewalk while I take pictures.

No comments: