Saturday, January 06, 2007

Saturday, 06 January 2006 - Snow shoveling workout

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a snow shoveling workout.


With S out of town, I'm responsible for clearing snow from our property - mainly the driveway and sidewalk. I usually welcome the workout - a combination of squats and deadlifts with lots of upper body - 100s of reps. The recent storms, however, dumped a ton snow in the cul-de-sac. So, our 15 foot driveway is suddenly 50 feet longer. That's a lot of shoveling!


I have an appointment on Tuesday (it's time for a complete hair makeover) so I'm relying on the sun to melt the snow. Just in case, I reshoveled the driving path from the sidewalk to the plowed street (a strenuous 1.5 hour workout). I'll scrape the ice and packed snow the next three mornings. By the time I leave on Tuesday, I should to be driving on asphalt.

For this blessing, I am grateful.


Amen.

No comments: