Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Tuesday, 16 January 2007 - Pink lemonade

T has learned to be patient while I take photos.
I've learned to be patient while he sniffs.



Dear God:


Today, I am thankful for pink lemonade.


This morning, while I sip a mug of hot raspberry lemonade, this childhood memory surfaces.


My mother, older sister and I are on an outing.
I am very young - maybe four or five (my sister is one year older). My mother is young too, 30-something and very pretty.

We ride the streetcar from my grandmother's house to downtown Los Angeles where we'll shop at the huge Robinson's department store (the multi-story brick building occupies a full city block). The best part - whenever we visit downtown, Mom treats us to lunch at Clifton's Cafeteria.

While waiting for our lunch, my sister and I play carefully near the indoor waterfall. When lunch is served, Mom waves us back to the table. We are hungry and look forward to the meal - our usual: homemade chicken noodle soup with saltine crackers and a glass of pink lemonade. A simple meal fit for two young and unassuming princesses.

For this blessing, I am grateful.


Amen.

No comments: