Friday, January 05, 2007

Friday, 05 January 2007 - Mozart for Your Mind

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for
Mozart for Your Mind.

Years ago, in the midst of the Mozart craze, I bought the CD,
Mozart for Your Mind. I believed that the music would boost my brain power and productivity.

As soon as I settled in my office, I turned on the CD. I listened to the music continuously while I worked. The music acted like "white" noise, blocking distractions and helping me concentrate on the task at hand.


In those days, I worked outside the home for 70+ hours a week (off on Saturday but in on Sunday after church). I was at the height of my corporate career and did some of my best work under very stressful and challenging conditions. Mozart can't take all the credit for my success. I was also very passionate about my work and lead a team of incredible people.


Now I listen to the same Mozart CD when I'm working and writing in my home studio. My challenges are different and stress level reduced. Still, I am more focused and productive when the music drifts quietly in the background.


For this blessing, I am grateful.


Amen.


Photo: Red Rock Canyon (from yesterday's outing) - I love the clear blue sky. In contrast, today's sky was gray and overcast as another snowstorm moved through the region.

No comments: