Thursday, January 18, 2007

Thursday, 18 January 2007 - Sunshine

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for sunshine.

The earth has received the embrace of the sun and we shall see the results of that love. ~Sitting Bull


The sun is the epitome of benevolence - it is life-giving and warmth-giving and happiness-giving, and to it we owe our thanksgiving. ~Jessi Lane Adams

We awaken early to brilliant sunshine and blue skies. Before taking T for a walk, I grab my hat and gloves - just in case. I'm glad I had the foresight. It's actually bitter cold.

As we turn the corner and approach the park and open spaces, the breeze picks up. The frosty air quickly ices my face before penetrating my gloves and freezing my fingers. I wish I had have grabbed the heavily padded ski gloves. T doesn't mind the cold. He's moving aggressively towards the park, pulling me along the snow-packed sidewalk. I guess he's anxious to investigate new sniffs (aka pee-mail) left by his canine buddies and other four-legged friends.

When we walk towards the mountains, the wind is at our backs. During this short stretch, I luxuriate in the sun's warmth. I feel the heat and energy soak through my heavy winter jacket, thawing my neck and shoulders, rallying my sagging spirits. A most welcome event.


The sun. The warmth. The cloudless blue sky. The promise of a good day.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: