Monday, January 15, 2007

Monday, 15 January 2007 - Martin Luther King, Jr.


I have a dream that my four little children will one day
live in a nation where they will not be judged
by the color of their skin

but by the content of their character.

~ Martin Luther King, Jr.
I Have a Dream
speech
Delivered August 28, 1963
at the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, D.C.

~~~~~

If you lose hope,
somehow you lose the vitality that keeps life moving,

you lose that courage to be,
that quality that helps you to go on in spite of all.

And so today I still have a dream.

~Martin Luther King, Jr., The Trumpet of Conscience, 1968

~~~~~

Everybody can be great.
Because anybody can serve.

You don't have to have a college degree to serve.
You don't have to make your subject and
your verb agree to serve....

You don't have to know
the second theory of thermodynamics in physics to serve.

You only need a heart full of grace.
A soul generated by love.


~Martin Luther King, Jr.




Dear God:


Today, I am thankful for Martin Luther King, Jr. (1929-1968). On the anniversary of his birth, I honor his life and legacy.


For this blessing, I am grateful.


Amen.

No comments: