Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Wednesday, 20 December 2006 - A busy indoor day

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a busy indoor day.

Winter is nature's way of saying, "Up yours." ~Robert Byrne


If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant.
~Anne Bradstreet

The highly anticipated blizzard from the northwest arrived early this morning, bringing gale force winds and snow, lots of blowing snow. Everything closed down - the interstate from Denver to New Mexico, major east-west and north-south thoroughfares, stores and shopping malls, businesses, schools - you get the picture.

I didn't have the courage to take T for a walk, so he stayed inside most of the day. I was glad to be busy - editing a series of technical product sheets for a client, designing our holiday cards (yes, I am late again), and printing more copies of my book (I'm giving it to family and close friends for Christmas).

At this late hour, the storm continues. I'm weary of listening to the north wind's howl. Will it ever end? We're unhappily housebound and suffering from cabin fever.

Yes, I still have lots to do before I'm finished with my holiday preparations. My top priority: wrap and mail presents to family members in California.

Still, I'd rather be rock climbing.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

Photo: Red Rock Canyon (12.14.06)

No comments: