Monday, December 18, 2006

Monday, 18 December 2006 - Happy Birthday T!

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for one exceptional chocolate Labrador retriever.

Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday dear T,
Happy Birthday to you.

T was born 10 years ago on a ranch on the eastern Colorado plains. He entered our lives six months later.

Life with T is never dull. He is the quintessential entertainer and an extraordinary canine athlete. As his "mother," I still rue the fact that he never graduated from college. I am proud, however, that he did attend my alma mater, UCLA, for one year - he played football his freshman year before turning pro (just kidding - I know he's a dog).

Anyway, today is T's very special day. Just like we do the other 364 days of the year, S and I are celebrating T and how he fills our lives with immeasurable joy.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: