Sunday, December 17, 2006

Sunday, 17 December 2006 - Cold weather remedies

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for cold weather remedies.

I don't mind the cold weather. I just mind the fact that it prevents me from spending a lot of time outdoors. The wind chill compounds the problem. A sunny 25 degree F morning is quite comfortable. Add the wind and the air is suddenly a frosty 15 degrees F - almost too cold for T's morning walk around the park.


When we return from a brief outing, the house is suddenly quite warm (even though the thermostat is set at 60 degrees F). Without thinking, I quickly peel off a layer or two of clothes. Then the chill sets in and I regain my sanity - I need to wear a heavier jacket after all. It's also time for something hot to drink - will it be green tea or chai tea this morning? Unfortunately, it's way too early for a hot toddy or Irish coffee.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.


Photo: Red Rock Canyon

No comments: