Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Wednesday, 13 December 2006 - Year Two

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for the completion of year two of this blog. In particular, I am thankful for you - the people who, by reading this journal, have joined me on my journey.

A journal.

Daily kept.


Sometimes boring.
Sometimes daring.

Mostly business as usual.
Ordinary days.
Special hours.
Extraordinary moments.

Prayers.
Hopes.
Dreams.
An exposed life.
A burdened heart.
A bit of humor to lighten the mood.
A road less traveled.
A reunion with old friends and memories.
A journey begun, stopped and restarted.

Stars still shine brightly each night.
The sun always rises in the east.
The sky is the bluest I've ever seen.
Winds of profound change sweep through the valley
Purging the Earth of dying promises,
Clearing a path for my next moment,
For the surprise of my being,
For something new, something unusual.

Sshh.
I am here.
I am listening.
I am waiting.


Do not go where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Be not the slave of your own past - plunge into the sublime seas, dive deep, and swim far, so you shall come back with self-respect, with new power, with an advanced experience, that shall explain and overlook the old.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

For this blessing, I am truly grateful.

Amen.
Photo: T and me - Red Rock Canyon

No comments: