Saturday, December 16, 2006

Saturday, 16 December 2006 - Good weather

Red Rock Canyon
Late autumn landscape - a favorite tree and view


T waits patiently while I take pics.

Looking towards The Whale (west climbing wall)

East canyon wall - I like the muted colors
(blue sky, green trees, gray bushes, red earth)


Today's 5.10a climb

Caught in the act!
Just in case you're wondering what
T does while we're climbing.
He chews sticks and scrub oak branches.



Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a few hours of good weather.

We can't believe our good luck! Here we are, in the middle of December, and it's just warm enough for a climbing adventure. We managed several ascents even though the cold front arrived early. The north wind was very chilly - to stay warm, I ended up wearing four layers of high-tech clothing.
The next winter storm is on its way. I'm still dreaming of a white Christmas this year.

For this blessing, I am grateful.
Amen.

No comments: