Monday, December 25, 2006

Monday, 25 December 2006 - Christmas

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for Christmas as I celebrate Jesus - his birth, life and everlasting legacy.

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.
~Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

My heart warms as I enjoy many simple joys of the season. Things like snow laden pine and fir trees, hikes in Red Rock Canyon along muddy trails, snowmen that stand proudly in neighbors' yards, children's laughter while sledding in the park, mugs of hot spiced cider, homemade cookies, doggie kisses, listening to a favorite Mannheim Steamroller Christmas album, deep breaths of fresh air that relieve bouts of cabin fever, red kettles that remind me of my "wonderful life," a stirring rendition of the Hallelujah chorus, classic Christmas movies ...



From our home to yours ...
Peace on Earth, Goodwill to All.
Merry Christmas!


For this blessing, I am eternally grateful.

Amen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas gosei_girl !

goseigirl said...

Phil - How marvelous to hear from you! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas in your corner of the world.