Saturday, December 23, 2006

Saturday, 23 December 2006 - It's a Wonderful Life

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for the movie, It's a Wonderful Life.

Life doesn't happen to you; it happens from you. ~Anonymous
I had such a wonderful life. I only wish I had realized it sooner. ~Colette

I watch this classic at least once during the holiday season (one year, to S's dismay, I watched it at least seven times). The story helps me regain my senses during my seasonal "wish I had more time and money" moments. In the end, just like George Bailey, I must appreciate who I am and what I have.

I haven't had a spectacular or extraordinary life - just wasn't meant to be, I guess. I have, however, experienced truly wonderful, wondrous moments that will last a lifetime. And, hopefully, I've touched someone's life in such a way that my mere existence made the difference.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

2 comments:

SassyGurly said...

I have really enjoyed reading your blog! I love how you start the blog off with dear God! I admire your faith! I really love the pictures of beautiful Colorado!

SassyGurly said...

I have really enjoyed reading your blog! I admire your faith! I loved all the beautiful pictures of gorgeous Colorado!