Friday, December 15, 2006

Friday, 15 December 2006 - BioBags

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for BioBags.

I read that due to a depleted global oil supply, people of the future will mine landfills for plastic. What a "strange" industry - reclaiming petroleum from discarded plastic.


We are trying to conserve as much as possible. Our efforts include reducing (and eventually eliminating) our use of plastic bags. I already use cloth grocery bags. Next on the list - trash and doggie poop bags.

Well, the package from dirtworks.com arrived today containing a year's supply of BioBags. The bags are made from corn and disintegrate within 30-60 days of exposure to moisture and heat. I bought 500 poop bags (for T's use) and 60 bags for our weekly trash.

P.S. We tried out the poop bags at the Air Force Academy visitor center (we were shopping for a gift for my nephew) - they worked fine. And T is pleased to join us in our environment-friendly actions.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.


Photo: Red Rock Canyon (12.14.06) - I inadvertently dropped T's lead while taking some pics. He was so good - didn't run away. Here he is, walking back to me. Good dog!

No comments: