Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Wednesday, 25 October 2006 - Familiar paths

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for familiar paths.

Although I normally choose the "road less taken," sometimes old familiar paths are just what the doctor ordered.


Lately, our climbing adventures end well after sundown. It's quite dark by the time S has taken down the top rope and packed all the gear in his backpack.

The hike out of Red Rock Canyon usually takes about 15 minutes - a brisk mile or so along a trail we know quite well. A very good thing. After surviving several climbs on the steep rock walls, I'm tired. I don't want to stumble on the dirt trail and twist an ankle.

T, the expert and energetic trail dog, knows the way to the parking area and leads us safely to the truck. All aboard for the short trip home.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.


Photo: Red Rock Canyon - the familiar trail along the east climbing wall

No comments: