Thursday, October 26, 2006

Thursday, 26 October 2006 - Anticipation

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for anticipation.

Do not anticipate trouble or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

~Benjamin Franklin

The Weather Service warned us that the first major storm of the season would arrive early this morning. Was hard to imagine a snowstorm. We enjoyed a perfect Wednesday - warm temperatures, sunny skies, unlimited visibility.

I awaited the storm with great anticipation tinged with excitement, a little apprehension and lots of patience. Bad weather always concerns me.

The fierce, northerly blizzard finally hit our neighborhood in the wee hours of the morning. I was sound asleep and didn't hear a thing.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

Photo: Snow-ladened pine trees in the front yard


No comments: