Friday, October 06, 2006

Friday, 06 October 2006 - A good rule for my life

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a good rule for my life.


I just read an article by Chris Carmichael, Lance Armstrong's former coach. In the article, he explained the difference between a motivated athlete and an inspired one.

Case in point. Lance pre-cancer was a highly motivated athlete. Lance post-cancer is an inspired athlete.

Instead of inspired, I use the term "passionate." Lance is a person who found his life's passion - his reason to get up in the morning, to train harder and smarter than anyone else, to speak his mind on issues close to his heart.

My rule for the second 50 years of my life is to say yes only to projects about which I am passionate. A hard rule to follow for someone who said yes to everything for so many years. I agree that I'm being a bit selfish. But, then again, you don't see Lance cycling for tax reform.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.


Photo: Strawberry plant - I'm surprised it's still bearing fruit in October.

No comments: