Thursday, October 19, 2006

Thursday, 19 October 2006 - That million dollar feeling

Dear God:

Today, I am grateful for that million dollar feeling.

If you remove the yoke from among you, the pointing of the finger, the speaking of evil, if you offer your food to the hungry and satisfy the needs of the afflicted, then your light shall rise in the darkness and your gloom be like the noonday. ~Isaiah 58:9-10


I could have sold Mrs. Jeep's nearly-new Goodyear snow tires for at least $100 (recall that, last February, I traded-in Mrs. Jeep when I bought the Toyota Camry).

But, I feel so much better giving them to the volunteer fireman from Ellicott who can't afford to buy new tires this year. He was so pleased and so grateful when he picked up them up a few minutes ago.

Funny how $100 in my pocket pales in comparison to the million dollar feeling I get when I give things to people who need a helping hand.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

Photo: Dianthus and snow

No comments: