Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Tuesday, 17 October 2006 - A warm house


Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a warm house.

Cold morning. Too wintry to my liking. Feels like snow but can't tell if the skies will suddenly clear. The park guys turned off the irrigation system and blew out the pipes. A sure sign that summer is officially over for the year. Is fall already over, too?

A very snowy afternoon. Blizzard conditions. Strong north wind. Brrrrrrrrrr.

I'm glad to be safe inside, working in my studio, sipping Bancha tea. I feel out of sorts, not really sick but not 100% either. Must be the moody weather. T sleeps soundly in the hallway, oblivious to the arrival of his snow buddies.

S had a meeting across town - hopes he gets home soon. Good thing he drove the truck and not the Camry.

The breadmaker is busy doing its thing. I think I'll make a stir fry dish for dinner - extra hot and spicy to counter the chill.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.
Photo: View from my studio window - looking west towards our beloved park

No comments: