Saturday, October 14, 2006

Saturday, 14 October 2006 - Knitting

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful that I know how to knit (I'm currently working on various Christmas gifts for family members and friends). Sometimes, progress on a lacy scarf or wool sweater is my day's only measurable accomplishment.

Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit, either. ~Elizabeth Zimmerman


Knitting is very conducive to thought. It is nice to knit a while, put down the needles, write a while, then take up the sock again. ~Dorothy Day

The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary. ~Mary Kurtz

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.


Photo: Dewy beads, reminiscent of rhinestones, decorate the Columbine leaves.

No comments: