Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Wednesday, 18 October 2006 - Calm morning

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a calm morning after a wintry blizzard.

Snow.

Everywhere.
On everything.
Wet and heavy.
Not the lovely, dry powder that skiers prefer.
Tree limbs strain under its weight.
Boots and paws leave perfect impressions along the trail.
The earth greedily drinks the moisture.
Winter is early this year.
I am wholly unprepared.

Snow.

Melting very slowly as the air warms slightly.
I hear it slide down the roof and crash on the ground.
Steam rises from the street as the asphalt dries.
The sun strains to make an appearance.
Muddy boots and paws leave prints on the front porch.
I'm dreaming of warmer days.
Shame on me for complaining about summer's heat.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.


Photo: Children's playground at the neighborhood park

1 comment:

KB said...

Beautiful pictures. I'm jealous of your snow. Your discriptions of how the warmth and snow make you feel capture the moment.