Sunday, October 08, 2006

Sunday, 08 October 2006 - "No smoking" laws

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for "no smoking" laws.

I stopped accompanying my husband to favorite brew pubs and sports bars many years ago because I hate the smoky indoor pollution. So, no one was more pleased than I when the Colorado legislature passed a far-reaching smoking ban that went into effect last July.

Last night, after an afternoon of rock climbing, we visited an old haunt - a popular sports bar that's been off-limits to me for years because of the smoke. The place was abuzz with college football games on the HDTVs and a raucous Saturday night crowd.

The icy cold microbrews were perfect with the roasted garlic and pepperoni pizza. S and I stayed for only a few hours - we were too weary from climbing to manage a long night on the town. The bonus - we arrived home with fresh-smelling clothes and happy lungs.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.
Photo: Red Rock Canyon - looking east from the staging area for yesterday's climbs along the west canyon wall

No comments: