Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Wednesday, 27 September 2006 - Pain-free day

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a pain-free day.

I am pushing sixty. That is enough exercise for me. ~Mark Twain

In the morning, I usually feel the aches and pains arising from years of athletic endeavors when I take my first steps of the day. Once my joints adjust to their weight bearing activities, however, I am fine and mobile.

This morning, as my feet hit the floor and I took my first steps, I experienced no pain in my ankles and knees. Not what I would have expected after rock climbing and hiking in Red Rock Canyon.

As I continue my middle age adventure, I'm hoping that my active lifestyle will serve me well. I plant to rock climb, hike and ride my bicycle well into my 80s and 90s.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: