Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Tuesday, 05 September 2006 - Photographs

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for photographs.

The goal is not to change your subjects, but for the subject to change the photographer.
~Author Unknown

There are no rules for good photographs; there are only good photographs.
~Ansel Adams

Now that we own a digital camera, I can shoot photos to my heart's content. That translates to hundreds of pictures a week. This summer's digital archive already contains thousands of photos - mostly of my gardens.

Why the prolific output? I've learned over the years that the best (and sometimes only) way to get one good photograph is to take lots and lots of pictures.

My husband recently suggested that I join "photographer's anonymous." He doesn't understand that by taking so many pictures of our summer days, I am preparing for winter. During winter's coldest and bleakest days, leafing through my summer photo album will assuage my yearnings for a landscape awash in color and light.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: