Monday, September 18, 2006

Monday, 18 September 2006 - Mistakes

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for mistakes.

Mistakes are the portals of discovery.
~James Joyce

Creativity is allowing oneself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
~Scott Adams


Seeing is different than being told. ~Kenyan Proverb

Indeed, I am far from perfect. I've made my share of mistakes over the years. With each infraction, I vow to do better next time.

Through my mistakes, I learned hard lessons about accepting the consequences of my actions (or inaction). I learned first hand about the power of grace, faith and love and how to forgive others and myself (although I accomplish the latter with great difficulty).


I learned to recognize my limits while expanding the boundaries of my experience. I learned to laugh at myself and eat some crow. I also learned to acknowledge frailties and my own, very vulnerable humanity.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: